Has your dentist told you it’s time to get your wisdom teeth removed? Here at Hope Mills Dental, we can help. We offer general dentistry services, but we also team up with an oral surgeon who can remove wisdom teeth that are already a problem or may become troublesome in the future.
Reasons for Wisdom Teeth Removal
- You have impacted wisdom teeth or your wisdom teeth could become impacted upon eruption. Sometimes wisdom teeth get stuck in the jaw and won’t break through the gums. Occasionally the wisdom tooth may be able to make it through the gums just a bit but will get stuck in the jawbone. When this happens, it can cause pain and serious dental issues.
- Wisdom teeth can lead to gum disease and dental decay. You may not be able to reach your wisdom teeth to clean them properly.
- You have overcrowded teeth. Perhaps your wisdom teeth would grow in properly, but you have no space for them.
Things to Know about Wisdom Teeth Removal
Wisdom teeth are the last molars to come in and they typically aren’t necessary. Most dentists will recommend wisdom tooth extraction so that your teeth won’t become impacted.
Here are a few things to know about wisdom tooth extraction:
- Most people need to have their wisdom teeth removed. There are a lucky few who don’t have an issue with impacted wisdom teeth, but for most others, extraction is necessary for optimal comfort and oral health.
- The earlier wisdom teeth are removed, the better. Wisdom teeth can cause oral issues once they’ve erupted. To prevent problems, we often recommend that wisdom teeth are removed before they erupt. At our practice, we have access to a talented oral surgeon who can perform wisdom tooth removals right here in our office.
- You can have a pain-free procedure. Thanks to anesthesia, you can have your wisdom teeth removed without feeling any of it. After the surgery, we will provide prescriptions and tips to help you recover quickly.
If you think it’s time to have your wisdom teeth removed, call Hope Mills Dental today to schedule a consultation!